|
Friday, September 01, 2006
I'm undergoing buyer's remorse. I dont deserve 150$, that's like big bull so i told my mom to list everything i owe since day one (long list, believe me). Anyway, i guess that's it, this weekend is what's left of my summer. I'll soon be waking up early and whining about how hard school is, its what i do best. XD Its hard to picture im already in my senior year; it seem like i was only crying and begging mom to ship me back to philippines a while back. Years have gone a little too fast and i've outgrown alot of sheepish things from stupid crush notes to the old bratty me. Josh was right, i've changed in a good way since 9th grade. If you only knew how i was then, you would think im a whole different person now. I used to have a big pink bagpack with short hair (dreaded it) and soo F O B, you wouldnt wanna be friends or near me.
Nooo, there's nothing wrong with being fresh off the boat it was just that, my experience with it was suckily bad. I was very shy, always looking down, if you've seen that movie with Freddie Prinze Jr about a supposedly nerd girl who transform into one of the populars, I was that (minus the popular thing, lol). I had only one friend, Barbara Banks who i havent talk to for almost 2 years. Im grateful she was friendly enough to say hi to me in Ms. Tieffer's class; she kinda created what i am as a person today though what i am now really, is the combined effort of everyone i know.
i remembered my first day, i still didnt know anyone, the lunch bell had rang and i was hungry. I had not a clue where to get food, hence, the cafeteria. I asked (in a very low voice) one of the lady in the administration building "Where's the canteen?" and she answered "canteen? we're not in the military. *laughs* the cafeteria is on that way to your left." Nice, ermdork. I was jittery the whole day, i didnt know where to go or even understood my teachers lectures. That went on the whole 2 semesters, i took summer school after that year, and starting my 10th grade year, i was eager to make more friends.
I did eventually from a very slow process. I met Josh first on Animal Science class. I think i sat beside him and we were paired up to present a bovine project. We were both quite the first few minutes then i dunno, i think i started asking him a question then the rest is history? lol I mean he introduced me to Tencha after that, we hanged out every day after school (almost) and our relationship is still going strong. XD (not this summer/year, he's busy with college stuff, grr) I tried out for the OH team at school and for having good memorizing skills, i got accepted. The company with the boys was fun. I dropped out the same year. To make long story, short, I basically have learned alot from my peers. I've learned that people here dont bite as long as you dont bite back. lol That if you want something, you have to say it. The key factor in surviving teen age life in America (lol) is TALKING. If you dont talk, your considered a snob and or geek, nerd or dork. Teenagers who grew up here can be a little harsh so if you would wanna fit in, dont be afraid to talk to them (i've learned). They're nice kids, alienating new comers is one of the innitiation process.
My shyness is still there, but i could truly say that i have successfully aclimatize myself from the california lifestyle. I love it here now, its a free country, i can do whatever i want, whenever i want (the big 18 is just around the corner, weee). People are very friendly all the time. Its not like i got honks back home. lol
To those whose having a hard time adjusting, give it a little bit more. It takes more time than you think.
-sweet keeks.
Blast that stereo, LOUD! {8:56 PM}