|
Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Gobble Gobble Day!!! Our family didnt even try anything this year, none with those turkey patties my mom bought the previous year, or mashed potato Mr. Mike like so much, nada, as in niet and im now here to believe its gonna be like that every year from now on. I dont have anything against my mom not prepping anything today for us to munch on and pretend like we're some big happy family, because after all, we're still (somehow) stuck under a Philippine rock: ITS EITHER, WE STILL DONT KNOW WHAT THANKSGIVING IS (isnt it self-explanatory?) OR THAT WE NEVER CELEBRATED IT BACK HOME AND KINDA AWKWARD FOR US TO CELEBRATE IT NOW.
Anyway, a kid from the place i've volunteered on today asked me "what are you thankful for?" Instead of giving her a Mother Teresa-like answer, i gave her silence, sighs, and "I'll be back" response. The kid cried after i left to get more punch & turkey plates. Because i am now shameful i've made a child cry during thanksgiving for no particular reason that i know of (was it my scary face? dont tell me i had on my halloween mask again), I have now the earnest to talk about everything im grateful for as precisely as i can, without a hint of sarcasm and bitterness. So here goes alot of
somethings...
Despite the fact that i should be dead by now from all of my sick-holidays at school, I thanked god for my remaining life span and for people thinking that i live under an anorexic lifestyle. I also thank him and to anyone who have contributed to those sleepless nights i spent thinking, staring at nothing because it evolved me into some kind of a thinker...still shallow but a thinker nonetheless.
Im also grateful for the foundation behind "the" music, UK indie bands and their great lyrical songs for accompanying me through those lonely nights i spent behind books, papers, and schoolworks. Music and its creation made me into some free-spirit inclined-chick, giving me the chance to overcome loud silence, to not be afraid to be alone and also, the chance to annoy the shit out of my mom. Without it, i'll never enjoy getting loud, dirty, and "body movin".
In addition, i appreciate all of my friends putting up with my crap, bullshitness, and emo days through out this year. Regardless of how i could overly translate things sometimes, they're still here, keeping me sane and grounded. Im grateful for the personal friendships they have offered me, from one-on-one talks to the treats, free rides (erm), dirty thoughts, enjoyable times, I WOULD LOVE TO FUCK ALL OF YOU...eeer i mean, I FUCKIN LOVE ALL OF YOU.
Im also grateful for my mom and dad not always there when i needed them, for leaving me when i was three, for always working and trusting me with their houses. With it, i learned how to be independent as young as 13: i learned how to cook my own dinner, love shrimp de keeki, make my own coffee, went to kindergarten without them looking out for me, WOW, thinking about it now, I'VE BEEN PARTLY EMANCIPATED ALL THIS TIME--okay kinda but i had a lot of freedom more than i think i did.
Furthermore, I also thank art for adding zest and frustrations to my life...as if growing up aint painful enough, i came to discover art under pressurable pain. With art i learned to love picasso's kiddie! artworks, what impressionism is all about etc making me some kind of according to people "classy" yet unrefined. Art defines who i am, I'd cry for art for goodness sake and i thank it for being one of my passions.
Because im running out of time, I thank Sarah Dessen for her novels, keeko for being a lame fish,my school for failing me, alexander graham bell, activists, my math teacher for being a bitch, those everyday heroes,blogger for the ranting space, the evil ways of world wide web, Jack Johnson, The feeling, Carlos Mencia, MY FANS (lol) AND THANKSGIVING DAY FOR GIVING ME A REASON TO THANK EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF. Without it, i'll never acknowledge these things now until maybe when i feel like it which is unlikely to happen. ha.
Would the kid been happy with all of these? Would she had been able to stick around to listen to my Oscar-like speech? She probably would have been then still probably cry afterwards for the the shallowest things im grateful for. Again, have a happy thanksgiving and hopefully you have better things to be thankful for than the things i mentioned.
Blast that stereo, LOUD! {9:04 PM}