|
Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Love" came to me pretty early in my life. I didnt know what love truly is then but at a young age where i had my very first interactions with the opposite sex without knowing how they are, what they're up to, I easily crushed on Jethro or Jet the first grade. Until today, I dunno how the opposite sex and vice versa learned to court one another and how teasing occured pretty early on us. While, normally, as young as 7, is still on the cootie stage, we were already trying to pursue the guy we wanted to complete our make-believe fairy-tale story; if we were gonna be princesses then, my friends and i thought, we needed our prince charmings to sweep us off our feet, dance with us with our balloon like dresses, and when we get lost, try to find us with their manly courage to attack ogres and beast lurking around the land of make-believe. Although the girls werent vivid on what they actually wanted to happen, they still thought it would be cool to get childish replies from the guys. Thinking about it now sounded naive to me; all the i love yous we said don't mean anything now. All those was meant to be from that stage of our lives only and it pretty much stayed like that until some of my childhood friends move away from that place while others got themselves "strangers" to "love".
I must had been lucky when Pepe Poe proposed his undying crush on me. He gave me a butterfly ring in front of a well (gripo) as i, willingly took it with gloatness beneath my shy interior. I didnt like him, although i led him to believe i did, just to get the silver-plated ring. When we moved on the 2nd grade, he might have noticed I didnt intend to return the feeling because i was rooting for somebody else. He unfortunately tried to drift himself apart, hating me our whole elementary years which barely affected me if not much, not at all. Although 4 years after, I realized i might have hurt him but did nothing to make him feel better. I left him uneased as i went on dealing with my pre hormonal behavior, thinking i would run out of time to deal with it later.
Our 3rd grade year was even crazier as i was linked to Jonard G. He and I played along the teasing, completely snobby and even denied that we didnt like each other the first time. Although when we just couldnt hide our childish feelings anymore, we suddenly become inclined: we held hands and he tried kissing me on the cheeks many times as i let him once. Our action didnt stop our peers to cause further trouble however. We were then the talk of our class and when we had hoped they'd stop teasing, they went on for more. It was a great feeling in a kiddie kind of way, nonetheless. I didnt know what was happening but suddenly i was jittered as butterflies flew wild inside me. Anyway, he turned out to be my secret santa for christmas the following holiday. He gave me a cute stuff bunny and walked me home after that last day of the year. I was kinda hoping our "relationship" would not have to end but while the year was ending, it did to ours, as well. As we went back to school afterwards, he would still talk to me but what we used to doing like young lovebirds died instantly.
Nothing major-lovey-dovey happened the rest of my elementary years--just random crushes, either from me or from the guys. Although when a group from my school and i went to compete to another school nearby when i was 12, I then again saw someone who i wanted to have. All of my friends were crushing on him which triggered me to charm and win him over all the girls. All i knew was his name although something occured in between when i was still there that we started writing each other when i move here. We did the penpal thing for a year or two but when i started adjusting in here, i forgot about him and and some of my childhood friends.
This did me nothing but probably a memorable childhood. While it was good as it lasted long enough, the thing that we thought is love, wasnt anything near that. It was one of those funny good things we will be remembering about when we get together on some party at that town. But as i grow older and go through some nasty teenage cruelty, i wish i didnt grow "that" fast, i wish im still back home playing with my friends with jack ropes, hide and seeks...growing up is not as easy as it looks like. I've become a dramatist overnight.
P.S. The pic is jonard's. we've emailed each other a few times. He got a girlfriend now which doesnt bother me much.
P.P.S. I got reconnected with my close girlie, Joy, just November of last year thru some site whom another friend talked me into joining. Im happy im still incontact with a few.
Blast that stereo, LOUD! {3:23 PM}