|
Friday, March 30, 2007



What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Do you listen to music because you're miserable? Or you're miserable because you listen to music?

I listen to music because it makes a dull moment a lot brighter, an indirect media that inspires me greatly when ideas aren't easily coming and I need to turn in an art project or an essay the next day. "Music" is the first thing i take refuge too day-by-day as if it turns to another life-form, an imaginary friend that is melodious and at the most, upbeat and soulful. I honestly cannot function without a tinge of music background playing; it feels as though i'm in my own live movie and I badly need music to complete an imperfect scene. When i come home everyday, i turn on my computer and directly play probably songs that I've only heard a hundreds of times. It doesn't bother me that my mp3 player evolves into a broken CD--it absolutely drives me nuts when I will not be able to listen to my favorite songs, however.

There was a time when my bro went in a total cuckoo mode and deleted all my songs on his player. While limewire wasn't working properly that time, I freaked out I couldn't listen to Pete Yorn and Gomez until after I confront my bro about it. I didnt bitch on him, didnt even say anything about it because until now, we're still in a god damn cold war, but I tried to figure out how to transfer all the hundred songs i have in limewire to his mp3 player. I managed after a frustrating couple of hours with only 7 songs transfered. I was pissed he had to delete everything that took me to download for days, even months. A few weeks ago, limewire started to function properly and I am relieved that it did. I missed my broken social scene and hot hot heat and my absolute joy related to music: blasting the volume until the manager that lives next door to us starts to get piss.

Music can be very powerful or it can be just like that, "music" and would not even affect anyone. For me though, music and so many others, like coffee and chocolate are my drugs but regardless how i'm addicted to 'em, it is nothing to worry about--I will not cut my wrists or attempt suicide just because the vocalist of Dashboard Confessional screams misery and pain. I personally find kids who poses emo, running another make-up lifestyle like its the new millenium, ridiculous in its form. I do not have anything against anyone's values, if you wanna be "emo" then fine but I would like to question how a genre of music, "emo" have turned into a wrist-slashing and crying for no reason at all procession. Consequently, knowing how to express ones emotion should be acceptable and not be called "emo". There is nothing wrong with expressing your sadness, your anger, your pain if one do have a good reason to be so but if you're just sad because its what your peers are or it is what's "in", then, an idiot like you should stay miserable for being so pathetic and conforming to such lifestyle.

Music should not make anyone miserable. It should make you, as corny as it may sound, alive and inspired. As for the question earlier, I think i am mostly undergoing artist block, not misery, that is why i take music as an account to loosen up my screws and be carefree.

Spring Break '07 is gonna be...loaded with art projects. :-)

Labels: ,



Blast that stereo, LOUD! {8:10 PM}


Who? Me?
I eat art, bitchy, and tomato omelet for breakfast. I do have a heart of gold even with my "I say it how it is" attitude. I'm above anything else, crazy: dramatist at times, witty funny and I am every personalities put together. I don't think I am stupid just because it takes me longer to figure or do things. In my free time, I tend to dance in my undies until i fall asleep half-naked. Other than those mentioned, there is nothing more special about me. If there is, it is yet undiscovered. So i came upon a goal: self-discovery or bust, babe.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Forever Love.
&hearts music
&hearts art
&hearts writing
&hearts cooking
&hearts photography
&hearts food
&hearts cheese monkeys
&hearts coffee
&hearts hot hot heat
&hearts sunshine
&hearts interiors
&hearts books
&hearts pickle relish
&hearts cinnapretzel
&hearts floors
etc &hearts &hearts &hearts

Detours Ahead.

Alan:Blasted Brains, Coy
Anne:Dysfunctionism.
Arnel:Lover Boy.
Aaron:Strange guy.
Avy:Anguished.
Bam:thegreat.
Catherine:Rawrness.
Carl:Tuesdays.
Dane:Oxymoron.
DC:Alter-ego.
Dhea:Mixed Emotions.
Dotep:Memory.
Elmo:Big bird!
Francess:Spunkified.
Gerome:Basketbolista.
Giselle:Soccer-ism.
Gracie:Pretty.
Henzel:Flyaway.
IT2M
Ituloy angSulong.
Jasmin:rockin.
Jham:summer.
LA:Artworks.
maryjuana:Life.
Mark:makeenetics.
Mark:Secrets.
Miselle:unpromiscuous.
Mishi: Korean jive
Pam:Vanity.
Reyn:Orange world.
Rina:peace&love
Tala:Sarcasm.
Teen Council default.
Tina:life's abundant.
UtakGago:writing genius
Xyla:nurcessist.

Chatterbooth.

Master creator.

designer | kathleen(:
image&brushes | su-e
host | imageshack

Last...

July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007